Inspired thought is the power and the energy behind all transformational change and that includes making the lifestyle choices necessary for you to become healthy. It is through inspired thinking that we make change, gaining strength from being rooted and grounded in the way our ancestors lived. As you follow The Five Pillars Project, you will discover that you have a part to play in getting healthier, but your mind will energize your efforts.
Visit The Ancestral Mindfulness page to get inspired!
The self care phenomena, The Five Pillars Project Lifestyle, teaches about taking daily responsibility by monitoring food choices and energy expenditures every day. Our Food Bank Accounts bioaccumulate either toxicity/deficiencies or purity/sufficiencies. Over time, our Food Bank Accounts bioaccumulate and create changes in our gene expression that can impact our lives toward disease or health. These choices may also exist down generations epigenetically along our Families Germ Line.
Here are some basic guidelines to follow when exercising the Pillar Philosophy in terms of Mindfulness Patterns:
- Maximize contact with nature, by keeping plants, gardening, working with animals, hiking in the woods, or climbing trees.
- Try to sleep at least 8 hours a day, preferably in line with natural day-night rhythms.
- Spend sufficient time relaxing, playing, and just “being in the present,” without worrying about tomorrow.
- Allow contact with “dirt”: soil contains plenty of beneficial bacteria that strengthen immunity. Eat fermented foods like sauerkraut, kim chi, kombucha, etc. Lifelong exposure to a variety of microbes may actually be necessary to prevent allergies and autoimmune diseases.
- Rear children the way hunter-gatherers do: extended breast-feeding, carrying of babies on the body, co-sleeping, while allowing older children to play and explore autonomously.
- Socialize and interact closely with a small group of real friends (cultivate feeling of love), instead of staying alone or “networking” with thousands of superficial acquaintances.